Feb 9, 2010

Life in Teec

Hey, How is it going?
Things have been going good here? I am glad to hear everything went well with dad on Wednesday. Tell him he better start hitting the weight room if he wants to compete with me and my 207 lb of pure muscle. So another dog down huh? It seems like we had a streak before we got Dudley, where we couldn't get a dog to last more than 2 years, but hey as long as Hannah is still around, right. You guys wanted to know more about Teec. It is a lot like Duck Water, only bigger. The work here is good, but it is not as fast pace as Albuquerque, it is pretty laid back. There is enough members out here to probably have 2 wards but only 40 people come each week. A lot of the people out here, when they were younger, went on the placement program where they would go and live with an LDS family. They would go to school in Utah and while they were up there they would get baptized. Then later on move back to the reservation and never go to church again. A lot of the time their membership records got lost and so we have to reteach and baptize them all over again. It is a nice area and there are some cool people out here. My companion is really cool, he is from Caldwell, Idaho. He is going home this transfer but we have gotten along pretty well. We both have similar interests, and he is a basketball fan. We have a basketball court by our trailer so we go out and play sometimes. I have beaten my comp once in one on one, but he has beaten me twice, so he is pretty good. I did get my scriptures that Aunt Dawna sent me, so that is great. That is about everything going on. Transfer news is coming this week so we'll see what happens. I already know I am staying in Teec because President told me during interviews. I guess I will find out who my new comp is. Hey if you guys have time it would be way sick, if you could send me out some more peanut butter popcorn, but no hurry just if you guys want something to do.
Love Elder Reid