Nov 23, 2009

Robby's Letter

Hey, How are things going? Everything here is going great, we are just working hard. I don't know what is going on with myldsmail but I can't wait until I don't have to use this email system. Well anyways we have transfer s this week but me and my comp are both staying in Eldorado. I don't think I am ever going to leave this area but it is ok because I am pretty glad that I will be in this area for Christmas and Thanksgiving. I have really gotten to know all the famillies here really well. Well you asked about my comp, He is a pretty cool kid. He is still getting use to the mission life, and he is willing to work hard. He is from American Falls, Idaho, and he grew up on a potato farm. He doesn't really like to talk to people so I have to do alot of the talking at doors. He is not quite used to people yelling at us from their cars, he gets all worked up about it. Well he is a pretty good kid. Well this week was a good week we talked to this girl named Jeeny that we had tracked into a while back. She said she would take a Book of Mormon, so this week we went by to see how her reading was going, and to our suprise she was already half way through, and was pretty excited to see us. We are going back today to teach her the restoration, so we will see how that goes. Well that was pretty much our week, so now we have a few new potential investigators. Well on Sunday we had a interesting guy come to church, he told us that he had been living on the streets for 20 years and I am guessing he hadn't taken a shower in all that time either. Well he told us that he was on the streets because he was too smart so they kicked him out of school. I guess that must happen quite a bit and he also told us he was protector of the city, and went on telling us about all the people he had thrown in jail. Well I guess that is our crazy person of the week story. Well I got your guys package so thanks for the pinenuts. They were a big hit among my fellow missionaries, none of the missionaries had had them before. Well last week I asked you if you could put a little money in my account because me and my comp are thinking of getting Caleb a set of scripture, and it would be nice to have some back up money. Well for Christmas I will send you another letter this week with some things I need because I am a little short on time. Well take care
Love Elder Reid